The Amgen Scholars Program is a national program aimed at increasing research opportunities for students committed to pursuing careers in the sciences. At Caltech, we provide visiting students the opportunity to conduct research in biology, chemistry, and bio-technical related fields under the guidance of some of the world's leading academic scientists. Research projects, along with scientific seminars, workshops, and networking events, prepare participants to pursue a Ph.D. or the joint M.D./Ph.D. degree and research careers in the sciences and biotechnology.
We are committed to providing research opportunities to students from historically marginalized in STEM fields and to those who attend schools where undergraduate research is limited.
The 2023 stipend is $7,100 for the ten-week period, plus campus housing and travel to and from Pasadena. Scholars are required to live in provided campus housing.
To enrich the research experience, Amgen Scholars will attend the following:
- Weekly seminars by Caltech faculty & JPL scientists
- An academic and professional development series on developing a research career, graduate school admissions, and other topics of interest to future researchers
- Effective writing workshops
- Social and cultural activities
- Weekly small student-faculty dinners
- Special field trips