Welcome to the Student-Faculty Programs Office!
Welcome to the Student-Faculty Programs Office! We are a team of student-facing, bridge-building, problem-solving, door-opening professionals who are invested and dedicated to student engagement, growth, and success.
Undergrads, do you want to:
- Explore your interests by doing cutting-edge research with Caltech faculty through SURF, WAVE, or one of our many undergraduate research programs?
- Participate in academic and professional development activities, such as networking, connecting with faculty, and graduate school application prep?
- Learn more about experiential learning opportunities at Caltech?
Prospective graduate students, would you like to:
- Learn more about diversity and inclusion efforts at Caltech?
- Or connect with us at conference or through other DEI recruitment efforts?
Graduate students, postdocs, and faculty, are you interested in:
- Building your mentoring toolbox to provide effective and inclusive mentoring?
- Support DEI efforts by mentoring a WAVE student, participating in graduate DEI recruitment efforts, or serving as a non-research mentor to summer students or incoming graduate students?
Alumni, parents, and friends, would you like to:
- Support students by giving your time, expertise, or funding?
If so, you landed at the right place! Please explore our site and reach out if you have any questions, comments, or ideas
Congratulations to the 2022 Perpall Finalists
The Final Round of the Doris S. Perpall Speaking Competition will take place on Thursday, January 26, 2023. More information will be made available closer to this date.
Congratulations to the 2022 SURF Gee Poster Competition Winners
1st Place: Emma X. Isella – Temporal Analysis of Deep Seat Vent Microbial Communities
2nd Place: Sarah A. Kabboul – Template-Free Generation of Mesostructured Interfaces With Defined Wetting Anisotropy via Inorganic Phototropic Growth
3rd Place: Eve Fine – Genetically Encoded Reagentless Nicotine-Sensing Current Reporter (rNicSnCR)