WAVE Fellows must:
- Be current sophomores, juniors, or non-graduating seniors*
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2/4.0
- Complete the second semester or third quarter at your college or university
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have DACA status
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
- Have prior research experience
- Not be under any academic or disciplinary sanction
* Students need to be matriculated in a degree-granting undergraduate program. High school students who are co-enrolled in college courses are not eligible.
Upon receiving a WAVE Fellowship, students sign an agreement to fulfill the following requirements:
- To submit a project plan by May 15 following collaboration with the mentor
- To devote full effort to conducting the research project (Fellows cannot take courses or hold another job.)
- To submit two interim reports approved by their mentors
- To submit an abstract of their project
- To submit a written technical report approved by the mentor
- To give a final presentation on one of the scheduled seminar day symposia
- To attend weekly WAVE Fellow meetings
- To abide by Caltech's Honor Code
Caltech is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by the state and federal law. It is the policy of Caltech to provide a work and academic environment free of discrimination as required by federal and state law, including Title IX which prohibits discrimination based on sex in Caltech's educational programs and activities. Caltech will take all reasonable steps to eliminate discrimination, harassment, and sexual violence in its work and academic environment. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX may be referred to Caltech's Title IX Coordinator who can be reached at TitleIXCoordinator@caltech.edu.
Caltech's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report can be viewed at https://security.caltech.edu/reports.